Science Simulations, Technology Simulations, Engineering Simulations, Mathematics Simulations
Lesson 1: Centralized Area
For a security team, having a large number of security officers can be essential, but equally important is the placement of the security officers. What happens when there is an uneven distribution of security officers? Test this out to see if it creates a more or less secure port.
Doing the Science
- Start the Zero Sum Security Simulation by clicking on the "Sim" tab.
- Read the threat provided on the screen.
- Click on "Run" to view the default setup’s security and annoyance levels. Click on "Personal Craft", "Cargo Ships", "Cruise Ships", and "Overall" to view the security and annoyance level for each category. Record these levels into Table 1 below.
- Record the number of guards stationed at each area in the table.
- Find the ship category with the highest security level and move all the men into the area by clicking and dragging the security guard icon into the area. Unclick to release the security guard.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for the centralized security team.