Lessons 2: Are You Einstein-like?
Albert Einstein is recognized by many as having one of the most brilliant minds of any person who has lived on Earth. His discoveries in physics and mathematics revolutionized how people viewed the world. He also loved to work puzzles. Can you successfully complete a logic problem similar to one that he predicted only 2% of the people on Earth could solve?
Doing the science
- Start the Social Networking Simulation by clicking on the "Sim" tab.
- Click on the icon next to Einstein’s Problem.
- The purpose of the simulation is for you to determine which scientist lives in which color house, likes what flavor of ice cream, enjoys which type of drink, and has which kind of pet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to move the different data to its appropriate place on the solution table in the simulation. Click and drag data, such as the Drink (Milk), to its proper position in the table.
- You can link two pieces of data together, such as a Drink and Pet, by dragging one item and placing it on top of another item in the data field. Click the Undo button to "unlock" the two items from each other.
- Once you have completed the on-screen solution table, record your data in Table 1 below.
- Click the "Check Answer" button to see how well you completed the task.
- You can click the "Reset" button at any time to clear all of your previous work and start over on the problem.