Lessons 5: Quiz Whiz
It’s time to use all the audio tracking skills that you have learned and put them to the test. Do your best to identify the ship sound tracings and have fun!
Doing the science
- Start the Ship Tracking Simulation by clicking on the "Sim" tab.
- Click on the blue "Quiz" button.
- Click on "Start" on the left side of the simulation.
- Targets will float across the screen. When you see a target floating by, hover your cursor over the target to see its acoustic signatures.
- Click on the target to stop its movements and freeze its acoustic signature.
- Compare the target’s acoustic signature with the database you created from Lessons 1-3.
- Once you have found a match, click on the up or down arrows underneath "Ship Types" to scroll through the list to find the name of the ship.
- Once the name of the ship is next to the arrow, click on "# 1 of 5" to submit your answer. Record the ship type in Table 1.
- Click on "Next" to continue onto the next ship.
- Repeat steps 3 - 10 for the next four ships. After you click on "#5 of 5" at the end, your score will be provided on screen. Record the correct ship types in Table 1.