Lessons 2: Turning Numbers into Pictures
How can an image be converted to a digital format?
Doing the science
- Start the Rosetta Phone Simulation by clicking on the "Sim" tab.
- Exchange the numeric code that you created in Lesson 1 with a fellow student.
- Click the "Decode" button at the bottom-left of the screen. Use the "0" and "1" buttons to enter the code into the simulation. After you have entered the entire code for a given letter, write the letter formed by the image in Table 1 below. Click the "Done" button.
- Repeat the process for the four other letter codes.
- Write the five-letter word in the space below Table 1. Check with your classmate to see if you successfully decoded the word.