Science Simulations, Technology Simulations, Engineering Simulations, Mathmatics Simulations
Lessons 2: Location Game
Location, location, location. The location of an element on the periodic table gives certain clues about the chemical and physical properties of that element. Can you locate elements on the periodic table? Test your knowledge and element placement skills on the table that Mendeleev built.
Doing the science
- Open the Periodic Table simulation.
- Select the "Location" button.
- You must locate each of the 7 element tiles presented by selecting and dragging the element tile to its correct location on the periodic table.
- Correctly placed element tiles will change color and snap in place on the periodic table.
- Incorrectly placed element tiles will return to their original position and will remain white in color.
- After about 15 seconds, the element's atomic weight will appear on each element tile.
- After about 20 seconds, the element's tile color will appear on each element tile.
- After about 25 seconds, the element's atomic number will appear on each element tile.
- One game consists of 10 rounds.
- Each round lasts for about 30 seconds.
- A score of 100 points is awarded for placing all 7 element tiles in their correct location.
- The longer you take to correctly place an element tile, the fewer points awarded. The point reduction process begins after about 15 seconds.
- Play this game 3 times. Record your score for each game in Table 1 below.
- To begin the game, select the "Start" button.