Lessons 2: How Does the Size of a Fish Affect its Space Requirements?
Space is a need for fish just like food and oxygen. Some fish require more space than other fish. Is the size of a fish the only factor that impacts its space needs?
Doing the science
- Start the Aquarium Sim.
- Select the "Fish" option on the left side menu bar, choose "Koi" from the dropdown menu, and click the "Add" button.
- Click on "View Status" on the left side menu bar to examine the Space Factor. Record this data.
- Add another Koi to the aquarium.
- Click on the "View Status" icon on the left side menu bar to examine and record the Space Factor.
- Select the "Reset" option from the left-side menu.
- 7. Repeat steps 2 – 5 above, only this time choose a different fish. Note how many of the other fish you can fit in the tank before reaching larger Space Factor value than the Koi.