Science Simulations, Technology Simulations, Engineering Simulations, Mathmatics Simulations
Lessons 1: What Are the Feeding Requirements for Typical Fish?
One of the main reasons why fish die in a typical home aquarium is overfeeding. Most people worry about underfeeding their fish, which leads many to give too much food to their fish. How much food is the correct amount to support a normal aquarium fish?
Doing the science
- Select "Background" from the top menu bar.
- Choose "Fish Database" located near the bottom of the screen.
- Note and record the daily feeding requirements for the Koi.
- Start the Aquarium Sim.
- Select the "Fish" option on the left side menu bar, choose "Koi" from the dropdown menu, and click the "Add" button.
- Select "Time Scale" from the left side menu bar.
- Adjust the time scale to "1 sec = 1 hour" and click the "Ok" button.
- Select the "Food" option from the left side menu bar.
- Add the appropriate amount of food to keep your fish healthy.
- Click on "View Status" on the left side menu bar to examine the Food Factor.