Science Simulations, Technology Simulations, Engineering Simulations, Mathmatics Simulations
Lessons 1: Face Matching with the Naked Eye
Most people think they are very good at seeing through another person’s disguise. They think that some hair coloring and use of makeup wouldn’t keep them from recognizing a person. How good do you think you are at recognizing a person wearing a disguise?
Doing the science
- Start the Face Recognition Simulation by clicking on the "Sim" tab.
- Carefully study the face in Box 1 on the left of the screen.
- Now move your attention to the face in Box 2 on the right side of the screen.
- After you study this face, circle "Match" in Table 1 if you think that the face in Box 1 is the same person as the face in Box 2 (in disguise). Circle "No match" if you believe the faces are of different people.
- Click the "Change Image" button at the bottom of Box 2.
- Click on Face 2 in the area in the upper-middle of the screen.
- Carefully study Face 2 in Box 2, comparing it to the original face in Box 1. Select Match or No match in Table 1 as before.
- Click on Face 3 in the area in the upper-middle of the screen.
- Carefully study Face 3 in Box 2, comparing it to the original face in Box 1. Select Match or No match in Table 1 as before.