Lessons 1: Cents-ical Logic
Trying to figure out exact change with the coins in your pocket can sometimes be tricky. Flip a coin and find out why this simulation is a perfect "combination" of learning and fun!
Doing the science
- Open the Coin Challenge simulation.
- Select the "Play a Game" button.
- Select "No coin" and then click the first slot. Repeat this step for the next two slots. Then select the penny and click the fourth slot.
- Click submit.
- If there is a difference, add it to the value to get the targeted price. Note: The value will always be between $.01 and $1.00.
- Next, select new coins that add up to this price for Guess 2. Record your selections in Table 1. Keep guessing coins until you have no more blue dots. Note: A blue dot indicates an incorrect coin, a red dot indicates a correct coin in an incorrect place, and a green dot indicates a correct coin in the correct place.
- Next, put the coins in a new order until you reach the correct order of coins. Record each guess in Table 1.