Lessons 4: Exterior Decorations Protection
Exterior decorations provide the necessary materials for the outside of the building like the parking lot or trash cans. How much security will these exteriors decorations bring? It’s time to find out!
Doing the science
- Start the Building Security Simulation by clicking on the "Sim" tab.
- Click on "Exterior Decorations" on the left, underneath "Building Security".
- Read about the security, appeal, and cost ratings for each of the exterior decorations by clicking on each item from the drop down menu.
- Using the information provided, decide what exterior decoration you want to use and click on the name from the drop down menu to select the item.
- Click to place the item down on the ground. Clicking on the item on the ground may change the direction.
- Choose different exterior decorations from the drop down menu and place as many you like on the ground.
- Clicking on "Info" and then clicking on an item will display the security, appeal and cost rating of that item.
- Clicking on "Delete" then clicking on an item will delete the item from the scene.
- Once you are satisfied with the placement of the exterior decorations, count the number of each exterior decoration and record your data into Table 1 below.
- Click on the "Start" button to have the Report Window rate your security, cost, and intrusiveness.
- Record the number of stars for the security, cost, and intrusiveness into the table.
- Click on "Restart" to clear the materials, or add more materials to the ground.
- Repeat steps 2-13 for four more trials in an attempt to increase security, decrease cost, and decrease intrusiveness.