Lesson 8 Assessment: What Can Reduce the Spread of Influenza?
1. An influenza infection is caused by a:
2. Which of the following is the
effective in reducing the spread of influenza throughout a school?
A. hand washing
B. using sanitizer stations
C. wearing masks
D. taking antibiotics
3. A total of 25 students out of the school population of 750 students were infected with influenza. What is the percentage infection rate for the school?
4. Which of the following is
a typical symptom of the flu?
C. a sore throat
5. The flu is:
A. a respiratory illness.
B. an inherited condition.
C. an infection of open wounds.
D. a bacterium that causes food poisoning.
6. Antiviral medicine:
A. helps prevent flu infections.
B. reduces the severity of symptoms and the length of time you are sick.
C. should not be taken by people with chronic illnesses such as diabetes.
D. should not be taken often because side effects are common.
7. The flu is most commonly spread from an infected person to a healthy person through small droplets when the infected person sneezes or coughs.
8. Methods of preventing the spread of flu include all of the following
A. sanitizing common surfaces.
B. coughing into your elbow instead of your hands.
C. washing your hands after you blow your nose.
D. sharing food and drinks.