Lesson 6 Assessment: How Does Quarantining Students Affect the Spread of Influenza Through a School?
1. What does the term “quarantining” mean?
A. to kill a pathogen
B. to enhance the growth of a pathogen
C. to isolate a person from other people
D. to spread an infection from one person to another person
2. Quarantining reduces the likelihood of the transmission of the pathogen that caused the infection.
3. The use of quarantining to reduce the spread of influenza is an
4. Quarantining the entire population of a city is an easy action that is realistically possible.
5. Quarantining a person once that person shows symptoms is a
way to reduce the spread of influenza.
6. Influenza is best described as being a bacterial infection.
7. Hospitals must have special air filtering systems to effectively quarantine patients infected with influenza.
8. Who is most likely to catch an infection from a quarantined patient?
A. a patient in a different ward of the hospital
B. an emergency room patient
C. the general public
D. the caregivers of the patient