Lesson 3 Assessment: How Does the Use of Sanitizer Stations Affect the Spread of Influenza Through a School?
1. Using hand sanitizer is an effective way to reduce the spread of influenza in a school population.
2. What is the main active ingredient in most hand sanitizers?
3. All of the following are likely locations of large concentrations of influenza viruses
A. a doorknob.
B. a computer mouse.
C. a flush handle on a toilet.
D. the inside of an individual’s lunch box.
4. Some children have experienced alcohol poisoning due to the overuse of hand sanitizers.
5. To reduce the number of influenza infections in a school, the sanitizer stations should only be located inside restrooms.
6. Influenza is best described as being a viral infection.
7. How is influenza mainly spread from person to person?
A. by a cat scratch
B. by a tick bite
C. from touching surfaces and then touching one’s nose.
D. by eating contaminated food.
8. Which system of the human body is most affected by an influenza infection?
A. nervous system
B. digestive system
C. respiratory system
D. integumentary system