Lesson 2 Assessment: How Does Hand Washing Affect the Spread of Influenza Through a School?
1. Hand washing is an effective way to reduce the spread of influenza in a school population.
2. Soap effectively removes influenza viruses from the skin.
3. All of the following are likely locations of large concentrations of influenza viruses
A. a doorknob.
B. the top of a student desk.
C. a toilet seat.
D. a computer keyboard.
4. For handwashing to be effective, for how long should the hands be washed?
A. 2 seconds
B. 5 seconds
C. 10 seconds
D. 20 seconds
5. Once hands are properly washed in a restroom, the hands may become contaminated again by opening the door to the restroom.
6. Influenza is best described as being a bacterial infection.
7. How is influenza mainly spread from person to person?
A. by a cat scratch
B. by a tick bite
C. by a mosquito bite
D. by an infected person sneezing
8. Which system of the human body is most affected by an influenza infection?
A. nervous system
B. digestive system
C. respiratory system
D. integumentary system