1. Which of the following is the most effective method of preventing the spread of the flu?
B. wearing masks
C. sanitizing surfaces
2. How is the flu treated?
A. with vaccines
B. with antibiotics
C. with antiviral medicines
D. the flu cannot be treated
3. Which of the following is
a typical symptom of the flu?
C. a sore throat
4. The flu is:
A. a respiratory illness.
B. an inherited condition.
C. an infection of open wounds.
D. a bacteria that causes food poisoning.
5. The best way to avoid contracting the flu is to get a flu vaccine.
6. Antiviral medicine:
A. helps prevent flu infections.
B. reduces the severity of symptoms and the length of time you are sick.
C. should not be taken by people with chronic illnesses such as diabetes.
D. should not be taken often because side effects are common.
7. The flu is most commonly spread from an infected person to a healthy person through small droplets when the infected person sneezes or coughs.
8. Methods of preventing the spread of flu include all of the following
A. sanitizing common surfaces.
B. coughing into your elbow instead of your hands.
C. washing your hands after you blow your nose.
D. sharing food and drinks.